illi-Langi The Rocks Aboriginal Dreaming Tour
- Duration: 90 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Sydney, NSW
- Product code: TRDAHT
Be touched by the most ancient human culture on earth in a 90-minute leisurely walkabout with an Aboriginal guide in The Rocks, Sydney, and journey into DreamTime, the culture of Aboriginal People.
illi-Langi The Rocks Aboriginal Dreaming Tour is 100 per cent Aboriginal-owned and was developed by Aboriginal Elder, Margret Campbell, a Dunghutti – Jerrinjah woman. It is led by Aboriginal guides who have her permission to share her cultural knowledge. The tour gives you the opportunity to discover how the ancient Aboriginal DreamTime is still alive within the modern Sydney landscape and how the billion-year-old harbour, marine environment, sandstone strata, waterways, flora and fauna continue to influence how Aboriginal people live today.This 90-minute leisurely walkabout in The Rocks is a perfect introduction to Aboriginal Culture
showing a perspective of Sydney that is touching, enlightening, and very informative.
- Experience a local Aboriginal greeting and learn some of the language spoken
- Meet knowledgeable Aboriginal guides
- Participate in a Sydney cultural acknowledgement of Earth Mother using clap sticks
- Opportunity to view cultural objects and materials
- Learn about the Aboriginal DreamTime, it’s origin, history and culture
- Understanding the connection between modern Sydney and the Aboriginal Dreaming.
· Cadman’s Cottage – the meeting point for the tour, which begins with an introduction, acknowledgement
to Country and a traditional clap stick welcome.
· Bligh and Barney Reserve – using seasonal native flora and fauna, the tour focuses on natural resources and purposes/uses of lilly pilly, cabbage palm tree, casuarina, lamandra, braken fern, grevillia and Wollemi pine.
· Campbells Cove – offers amazing views of Sydney Harbour. Here, the tour focuses on the Aboriginal
saltwater lifestyle and the spiritual importance of the Aboriginal sites, such as the harbour, Opera House/ Bennelong Point and Circular Quay/Woccamagully.
· Argyle Cut – learn about the importance of Earth Mother’s ochre (a natural paint), which exists in large clay pods on the wall of the Argyle Cut.
- Cumberland Walk - walking higher terrain, see seasonal flora connected to Australia’s Dreamtime Identity not only for Aboriginal people. Continue walking down to Harbour Bridge and its significant Aboriginal site.
- Dawes Point - under the Harbour Bridge with amazing views, the tour focuses on white ochre color – TARRA and young girls and young boys preparing for rules – connected to the Whale Visits and Aboriginal sites, such as, the mouth of the Parramatta River flowing into other areas such as the small islands of Cockatoo - Goat - Shark – Fort Denison and Clarke
- Hicksons Reserve - overlooking harbour itself from a unique interpretation of Eora Clans reaction to strange visitors landing in Wocconmagulli - now Bennelong Point/ Opera House /Circular Quay/The Rocks.
Dreamtime Southern X is proudly one of Tourism Australia’s / Indigenous Business Australia’s “Indigenous Tourism Champions Program” product suppliers. This elite group of product suppliers represent the best-of-the best Indigenous experiences in Australia. Additionally we are a member of The Australian Tourism Export Council (ATEC), a certified member of Supply Nation (Aboriginal Corporate Association), Indigenous Chamber of Commerce Member and endorsed by the New South Wales Aboriginal Tour Operators Council (NATOC).
- Concession price applies to Australian tertiary students and pensioners only.
- Children under 3 are free of charge
Group and school bookings are also available at a time that suits you. Please contact us for further information.
COVID 19 UPDATE
Our daily tours are run in full compliance with NSW legislation and guidelines - plus a few other safety measures to be cautious. Our Covid - Safe plan includes
TERMS and CONDITIONS - If you are unwell, or have been in contact with someone with Covid 19, or likely to have Covid 19, our usual cancellation policy will not apply and a full refund will be provided. Please let us know as soon as possible if via phone (+61 2 8394 9940) or email email@example.com if you need to cancel your tour for these reasons.
Other COVID SAFE processes include:
- Check in using NSW QR code
- 1.5 metre distancing implemented on all tours
- Customers and staff to wash hands/use hand sanitiser after touching any surface; Sneeze into tissue to maintain hygiene etiquette; Cough into tissues or elbow
- Visitors and Guides to bring a face mask and hand sanitiser
- Wear face masks if asked by tour guide
- Welcome with clap stick ceremony (instead of ochre ceremony)
DISCOVER Vouchers (NSW) - valid until June 30th 2021
DISCOVER vouchers ($25) are valid as part payment for this tour. Vouchers are required to be emailed prior to your tour or print and present to your tour guide at tour check in, with additional payment of $34 for one Adult made at time of booking i.e. total ticket cost is $59.
DISCOVER VOUCHERS are not valid for Gift Vouchers.