illi-Langi The Rocks Aboriginal Dreaming Tour - Australian Primary & Secondary School Groups
- 기간: 90 분 (대략)
- 상품 코드: SCHOOLS TRDAHT
Be touched by the most ancient human culture on earth in a 90-minute leisurely walkabout with an Aboriginal guide in The Rocks Sydney, and journey into DreamTime, the culture of Aboriginal People.
illi-Langi The Rocks Aboriginal Dreaming Tour is 100 per cent Aboriginal-owned and was developed by Aboriginal Elder, Margret Campbell, a Dunghutti – Jerrinjah woman. It is led by Aboriginal guides who have her permission to share her cultural knowledge. The tour gives you the opportunity to discover how the ancient Aboriginal DreamTime is still alive within the modern Sydney landscape and how the billion-year-old harbour, marine environment, sandstone strata, waterways, flora and fauna and is geared for students learning such topics across school syllabus from K - 6 HSIE – Stages 1-3 and K – 6 History-
stages 1-3 Australian curriculum,
showing a perspective of Sydney that is touching, enlightening, and very informative.
- Experience a local Aboriginal greeting and learn some of the language spoken
- Meet knowledgeable Aboriginal guides
- Participate in a Sydney cultural acknowledgement of Earth Mother using her ochre (traditional paint)
- Opportunity to handle cultural objects and materials
- Learn about the Aboriginal DreamTime, it’s origin, history and culture
- Understanding the connection between modern Sydney and the Aboriginal Dreaming.
· Cadman’s Cottage – the meeting point for the tour, which begins with an introduction, acknowledgement
to Country and an ochre activity.
· Bligh and Barney Reserve – using seasonal native flora and fauna, the tour focuses on
natural resources and purposes/uses of lilly pilly, cabbage palm tree, casuarina, lamandra, bracken fern, grevillia and Wollemi pine.
· Campbells Cove – offers amazing views of Sydney Harbour. Here, the tour focuses on the Aboriginal
saltwater lifestyle and the spiritual importance of the Aboriginal sites, such as the harbour, Opera House/ Bennelong Point and Circular Quay/Woccamagully.
· Argyle Cut – learn about the importance of Earth Mother’s ochre (a natural paint), which exists in large clay pods on the wall of the Argyle Cut.Group and school bookings are also available at a time that suits you. Please contact us for further information.
Duty of Care - teachers have duty of care of their students on illi-Langi The Rocks Aboriginal Dreaming Tour. We request please that there are 2 teachers or accompanying responsible adults per group. We generally have a ratio of 25 students with each guide (i.e. group). A risk management plan is sent with your booking confirmation.
Dreamtime Southern X is a NSW registered Covid-Safe business. We generally send our Covid-safe plan after bookings have been confirmed, but just let us know if you'd like to view that before booking and we'll send you a copy.
Dreamtime Southern X is proudly one of Tourism Australia’s / Indigenous Business Australia’s “Indigenous Tourism Champions Program” product suppliers. This elite group of product suppliers represent the best-of-the best Indigenous experiences in Australia. Additionally we are a member of The Australian Tourism Export Council (ATEC), a certified member of Supply Nation (Aboriginal Corporate Association), Indigenous Chamber of Commerce Member and endorsed by the New South Wales Aboriginal Tour Operators Council (NATOC).