Cruise Ships: illi-Langi The Rocks Aboriginal Dreaming Tour
- Duración: 90 Minutos (aproximadamente)
- Ubicación: The Rocks, New South Wales
- Código de producto: Cruise Ships
Be touched by the most ancient human culture on earth in a 90-minute leisurely walkabout with an Aboriginal guide in The Rocks Sydney, and journey into DreamTime, the culture of Aboriginal People.
This 90-minute leisurely walkabout in The Rocks is a perfect introduction to Aboriginal Culture
showing a perspective of Sydney that is touching, enlightening, and very informative. It is more than a simple walkabout tasting bush tucker.
- Experience a local Aboriginal greeting and learn reasons why our acknowledgement of country exist today
- Meet knowledgeable Aboriginal guides hear some of the recovery Aboriginal language
- Participate in a Sydney cultural acknowledgement of Earth Mother using her ochre (traditional paint)
- Opportunity to handle cultural objects and materials
- Learn about the Aboriginal DreamTime, it’s origin, history and culture
- Understanding the connection between modern Sydney and the Aboriginal Dreaming.
· Cadman’s Cottage – the meeting point for the tour, which begins with an introduction, acknowledgement
to Country and an ochre activity.
· Bligh and Barney Reserve – using seasonal native flora and fauna, the tour focuses on
natural resources and purposes/uses of lilly pilly, cabbage palm tree,
casuarina, lamandra, braken fern, grevillia and Wollemi pine.
· Campbells Cove – offers amazing views of Sydney Harbour. Here, the tour focuses on the Aboriginal
saltwater lifestyle and the spiritual importance of the Aboriginal sites, such as the harbour, Opera House/ Bennelong Point and Circular Quay/Woccamagully.
· Argyle Cut – learn about the importance of Earth Mother’s ochre (a natural paint), which exists in large clay pods on the wall of the Argyle Cut.
Please note: a minimum of 15 adults are required for a private tour. For group sizes with less than 15 adults, the equivalent price of 15 adults will be charged. Child price is only applicable for groups with 15 adults or more.
Dreamtime Southern X is proudly one of Tourism Australia’s / Indigenous Business Australia’s “Indigenous Tourism Champions Program” product suppliers. This elite group of product suppliers represent the best-of-the best Indigenous experiences in Australia. Additionally we are a member of The Australian Tourism Export Council (ATEC), a certified member of Supply Nation (Aboriginal Corporate Association), Indigenous Chamber of Commerce Member and endorsed by the New South Wales Aboriginal Tour Operators Council (NATOC)